Wednesday 18 April 2007

In the beginning...


This is the first entry in an impulse creation, a blog designed so that my family, any friends who might be interested and anyone else curious about Russia at a first-hand, sub-headline level can, as it were, follow me and my nw digital camera round this fascinating country. While looking up "civil jury trials in Scotland" on the internet, I found a blog from an Edinburgh advocate and at the side there was a logo which implied that by clicking on it, a blog could be created. It seemed so easy, that I decided to try. I have no idea what I will end up writing, or whether I will continue to write after the first burst of enthusiasm. But why not give it a go?

I should add that I really ought to be writing my book (The Justice Factory) instead of doing this, but, well, if I can't skive off two thousand miles from the Birlinn editorial suite then where can I? I should possibly also add that this is a five-year old photograph, the only one on hand. But it is a way of saying, "Hi!" So here we go... And it really is easy.

REMEMBER THAT YOU CAN CLICK ON ANY PHOTOGRAPH TO SEE IT ENLARGED